- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2018
- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2017
- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2016
- Ion Channel Retreat 2015
- International Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2013
**This is a preliminary program and is subject to change**
Screening Technologies and Services
- Angela Huang – Scientist and Founder, Tempo Bioscience – Using biosensors in human cell models – a new set of tools for drug discovery.
- Chris Chambers – Scientist, Pfizer Neusentis – Compound Validation of NaV1.7 Assay using the Qube Automated Electrophysiology Platform.
- Daniel Janssen – Scientist , Ablynx nv – Development of highly potent and selective Nanobodies® that operate through allosteric modulation.
- Diane Van Hoorick – Senior Scientist, Ablynx nv – Nanobodies® against difficult targets: Tackling ion channels.
- Juha Kammonen – Principal Scientist, Pfizer Neusentis – Utilizing fast determination of macroscopic ion channel time constants as a metric orthogonal to standard activity measurements in ion channel screening.
- Yelena Bisharyan – Senior Research Scientist, Tetragenetics Inc. – SionX™ A Breakthrough Technology for Robust Expression and Purification of Correctly Folded and Functional Ion Channels.
Structure and Function of Ion Channels
- Bonnie Wallace – Professor of Molecular Biophysics, University of London – Voltage-gated Sodium Channels: Structure and Function and Rational Drug Design.
- Dieter Wicher – Group Leader Neurophysiology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology – Insect odorant receptors are regulated ion channels.
- Waheed Shabbir – Professor, University of Vienna – Glycosylation-dependent lectin-receptor interaction stimulates inward sodium current in epithelial sodium channels.
Cardiac Safety and Pharmacology
- Marc Pourrier – Vice President Operations, IonsGate Preclinical Services Inc. – Ranolazine Improves Diastolic Function in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats.
- Ferninda Gaisler da Silva -Graduate Student, University of Ottawa– CaMKII beta isoform induced dilation, hypertrophy and heart failure in mice.
- Mayra Sonoda – Graduate Student, University of Ottawa– The Sarcolemmal Membrane Associated Protein (SLMAP) impacts cardiac contractile and electrical properties.