- Liquid Handling Equipment
- General Liquid Handling
- Genomic Solutions
- Microarray Spotting
- Custom Solutions
- Modules & Accessories
- High Throughput DNA Extraction Kits and RNA Extraction Kits
- Application Notes
VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification (NAP) workstations are equipped with modules to automate challenging steps for any extraction, purification and isolation protocols. The Magnetic Bead Vortex ensures homogeneous bead suspension and distribution throughout the plate. The combination of ReagentDrop bulk reagent dispensing module and 96-Tip Aspirator offers fast and efficient bead washing and elution steps while saving tip costs. Unlike slider systems that allow limited plate movement between two neighbouring decks, Aurora’s Gripper and Transporter enable more flexibility in tailoring different protocols. The VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification workstations are compatible with various commercial kits, reagents and labware.
Dr. Catherine Dumur from Virginia Commonwealth University is using VERSA NGS Library & Sample Preparation workstation to automate Ion AmpliSeq CHP2 assay.
Download the checkerboard validation to see how VERSA NGS Library & Sample Preparation workstation is eliminating cross-contamination while demonstrating incomparable reproducibility on all patient DNA samples.
Extraction of challenging soil sample using VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification workstation
Download the validation poster to see how VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification workstation is automating challenging soil extractions while demonstrating incomparable reproducibility on all soil samples.
Modules Tailored to Your Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification Protocols
96 Channel Head
enables efficient even plate processing
Magnetic Bead Vortex
ensures homogeneous bead suspension
draws reagents from their reservoir and eliminates tip usage
reduces protocol time
moves sample plates between Magnetic Bead Seperator and Shaker for on-deck mixing and washing
96 Tip Aspirator
increases efficiency and speed while reducing tip costs
allows efficient sample processing
Magnetic Bead Separator
pulls down magnetic beads for sample purification
- Optional 4 channel syringe pipettor with independent Z-axis allows working out of source sample tubes
- Highly accurate air-displacement technology increases reproducibility
- Flexibility to perform other associated task such as normalization, plate reformatting, and PCR setup
- Open System – compatible with diverse reagents, kits and labware
- HEPA/UV/LED Enclosure – keeps samples contamination-free
- Scalable Solution – processes 1 to 96 samples in parallel depending on throughput demands
- Unparalleled Customer Service – our engineering team is readily available to troubleshoot your protocols
(Single Channel Function, Disposable Tip)
|4 or 8 channel||Single channel (Dual syringe pump)||8 or 96 channel or 4 channel with independent Z-axis|
|ReagentDrop||N/A||4 channels||8 channels|
|Temperature Regulation Block||1||1||4|
|Reagent Cooling Block||1||1||1|
|Gripper / Plate Transporter||Plate Transporter||Plate Transporter||Gripper|
|Liquid Level Sensing||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|HEPA / UV / LED Enclosure||Optional||Optional||Included|
|Width x Depth x Height (cm)||65 x 43 x 52||60 x 60 x 45||98.5 x 75.2 x 108.2|
*Could be upgraded to Shaker-Heater-Magnet Elevator
- Human Blood and Saliva
- Plant DNA and RNA Extraction/Purification
- Soil and Environmental Samples
- Molecular Diagnostics
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Food Contamination Analysis
- Animal Disease
- Validation of VERSA 1100 Gene in Automating Library Preparation for NGS-based Assay for Oncology
- Automating the Differential Digestion Method in the Analysis of Sexual Assault Cases Using Selective Degradation
- Genomic DNA Isolation from Blood (Promega)
- Nucleic Acid Prep for Avian Flu Viral RNA
- DNA Isolation from Saliva (Invitek Forensic DNA Isolation Kit)
- Food Safety Monitoring using VERSA™ 110 NAP Workstation
Frequently Asked Questions
VERSA workstations are very flexible and open systems and are compatible with almost all the DNA/RNA Extraction and Purification kits, reagents and labware in the market.
Yes, VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification workstations are equipped with a Heater-Cooler Plate and Heater-Shaker that can be used for sample incubation at temperatures from 2° – 92°C.
Yes, VERSA liquid handlers can be implemented for downstream steps such as PCR setup, master mix preparation, plate reformatting and NGS library prep.
No, all transporting between different modules is done by the plate gripper or plate transporter.
No. VERSA workstations have been validated for automating different applications and no cross-contamination issues have been observed. VERSA utilizes disposable tips to eliminate cross-contamination. Additionally, the aspirating and dispensing speed is carefully adjusted to avoid splashing or carry-over contamination. It is also equipped with a HEPA filter and UV light to keep the environment contamination-free.
No, the dispensing speed of ReagentDrop on VERSA Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification workstations is always optimized for reagents with different consistencies to avoid splashing.