- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2017
- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2016
- Ion Channel Retreat 2015
- International Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2013
Aurora’s Annual Ion Channel Retreat (ICR) was intended to accelerate ion channel research and to promote collaboration and communication among scientists from academics and industry. Since 2003, ICR has enabled researchers to discuss and debate topics ranging from ion channel research and technology to drug discovery and safety as well as brand-new applicable topics like Neurodegenerative Diseases, Stem Cells, and Alcohol, Tobacco & Drug Abuse.
Due to the success of the inaugural Precision Medicine & Ion Channel 2016 last year in Guangzhou. Aurora is proud to continue the joint topic Retreat, which will be held in Vancouver, 2017. The PM&ICR2017 will showcase Ion Transporter technology in Pathogenesis and Drug Discovery. Likewise, the Precision Medicine session will also be refocusing the topics towards Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, Liquid Biopsy, Clinical Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology, Big Data and Interpretation, and Nano biotechnology.
Precision Medicine Session
- Novel Perspective of Ion Channels in Precision Medicine
- Molecular Diagnostic Technologies for Precision Medicine
- Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- Liquid Biopsy in Oncology
- Overcoming the challenges in Liquid Biopsy for Clinical Practice
- Immunotherapy: emerging applications and challenges
- Clinical Applications of Next Generation Sequencing
- Microarray and Nanobiotechnology
- Big Data in Personalized Medicine and Drug Discovery
Ion Channel Session
- Ion Channel Structure and Function
- Ion Channel as Disease Targets
- Ion Channels as Pain Targets
- Drug Development
- Screening Technologies
- Cardiac Safety and the CiPA Initiative
- Ion Transporters in Pathogenesis
- Ion Transporters in Drug Discovery
- Craig January, MD, PhD – Professor at the School of Medicine and Public Health, at the University of Wisconsin
- William Catterall, PhD – Professor and Chair of University of Washington Department of Pharmacology
- Arthur Brown, PhD – CEO of MemChan; former founder & CEO of ChanTest
- Yuko Sekino, PhD – Director of Pharmacology National Institute of Health Sciences, Japan
- Edward Stevens, PhD – Head of Electrophysiology at Pfizer, Cambridge, UK
- Dennis Lo, MD, PhD – Associate Dean, Faculty of Medicine at CUHK, Foreign Associate US Academy of Sciences
- George Chandy, MD, PhD – Professor at NTU SG and UC Irvine
- Kurt Stoeckli – President & CSO at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland
- Hailin Zhang, MD, PhD – Vice President of Hebei Medical University
- Richard Olsen, PhD – Distinguished Professor of Neuroscience at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Yuklam Lo – Secretariat, and Honorary Chairman, Hong Kong Biotechlogy Organization
- An Hailong – Hebei University of Technology; Professor
- Dan Minor, PhD – Professor, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California
- Steve Goldstein, MD, PhD – Director at the Institute of Pediatric Sciences, University of Chicago
- John Dunlop, PhD – Vice President, Neuroscience Research at Amgen, Professor of Neuroscience at the University of St Andrews
- Laszlo Urban, MD, PhD – Executive Director at Novartis
- Jean-Pierre Valentin, PhD – Senior Director, Head of Investigative Toxicology at UCB
Call for Abstracts – deadline April 20th, 2017
To submit your abstract, please click the button to the right to finish your submission!
The following accommodation types have been reserved for the Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2017 at Vancouver, BC.
Please contact Reservations Department at email@example.com or 1-800-830-6144/604-687-0511
Upon booking, please quote “Aurora Biomed” to receive special rates.
*Accommodation rates are based on availability at the time of booking. Please book early to secure your preferred room type.
*More accommodation options will be available soon.
Download our Sponsorship Prospectus ICR-2017
Please provide us with the following information below so we can get in touch to further discuss how sponsoring ICR-2017 can benefit your company. On submit you will be redirected to a page where you will find the download button.