- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2017
- Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2016
- Ion Channel Retreat 2015
- International Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2014
- Ion Channel Retreat 2013
Aurora’s Ion Channel Retreat (ICR) began in 2003 and has since become one of the most recognized events for Ion Channel scientists to share ideas and connect with each other. Due to the success of the inaugural Precision Medicine & Ion Channel 2016 last year in Guangzhou, Aurora is proud to continue the joint topic retreat this year.
Aurora’s history and experience in hosting Ion Channel conferences can boost potential new research opportunities and innovations for Precision Medicine. The PM&ICR2017 will showcase Ion Transporter technology in Pathogenesis and Drug Discovery. Likewise, the Precision Medicine session will also be refocusing the topics towards Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, Liquid Biopsy, Clinical Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology, Immunotherapy, and Biotechnology.
Precision Medicine Session
- Novel Perspective of Ion Channels in Precision Medicine
- Molecular Diagnostic Technologies for Precision Medicine
- Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- Liquid Biopsy in Oncology
- Overcoming the challenges in Liquid Biopsy for Clinical Practice
- Immunotherapy: emerging applications and challenges
- Clinical Applications of Next Generation Sequencing
- Microarray and Nanobiotechnology
- Big Data in Personalized Medicine and Drug Discovery
Ion Channel Session
- Ion Channel Structure and Function
- Ion Channel as Disease Targets
- Ion Channels as Pain Targets
- Drug Development
- Screening Technologies
- Cardiac Safety and the CiPA Initiative
- Ion Transporters in Pathogenesis
- Ion Transporters in Drug Discovery
- Craig January, MD, PhD – Professor at the School of Medicine and Public Health, at the University of Wisconsin
- William Catterall, PhD – Professor and Chair of University of Washington Department of Pharmacology
- Arthur Brown, PhD – CEO of MemChan; former founder & CEO of ChanTest
- Yuko Sekino, PhD – Director of Pharmacology National Institute of Health Sciences, Japan
- Edward Stevens, PhD – Head of Electrophysiology at Pfizer, Cambridge, UK
- Dennis Lo, MD, PhD – Associate Dean, Faculty of Medicine at CUHK, Foreign Associate US Academy of Sciences
- George Chandy, MD, PhD – Professor at NTU SG and UC Irvine
- Kurt Stoeckli – President & CSO at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland
- Hailin Zhang, MD, PhD – Vice President of Hebei Medical University
- Richard Olsen, PhD – Distinguished Professor of Neuroscience at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Yuklam Lo – Secretariat, and Honorary Chairman, Hong Kong Biotechlogy Organization
- An Hailong – Hebei University of Technology; Professor
- Dan Minor, PhD – Professor, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California
- Steve Goldstein, MD, PhD – Director at the Institute of Pediatric Sciences, University of Chicago
- John Dunlop, PhD – VP, Neuroscience Research at Amgen, Professor of Neuroscience, University of St Andrews
- Laszlo Urban, MD, PhD – Executive Director at Novartis
- Jean-Pierre Valentin, PhD – Senior Director, Head of Investigative Toxicology at UCB
Call for Abstracts – deadline extended May 20th, 2017
To submit your abstract, please click the button to the right to finish your submission!
The following accommodation types have been reserved for the Precision Medicine & Ion Channel Retreat 2017 at Vancouver, BC.
Please complete the Registration Form and indicate that you will be staying at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel in the checkbox. We will send you our Group Code once Registration is complete.
*Accommodation rates are based on availability at the time of booking. Please book early to secure your preferred room type
Please contact Reservations Department at email@example.com or 1-800-830-6144/604-687-0511
Upon booking, please quote “Aurora Biomed” to receive special rates.
*Accommodation rates are based on availability at the time of booking. Please book early to secure your preferred room type.