VERSA automated PCR Setup workstations replace repetitive pipetting for any type of PCR setup protocols to highly accurate and contamination free liquid handling. VERSA series offers ultimate flexibility while being compatible with many PCR and qPCR formats including 96- or 384-well plates, LightCycler carousel, Rotor-Gene rings, and AmpliSlide. VERSA’s Gripper and Transporter enable more flexibility in tailoring different protocols unlike slider systems that allow limited plate movement between two neighboring decks. Scientists benefit from increased throughput, reproducibility and walk-away time.
Automation of One-Step Real-time PCR based DNA Quantitative Kit for Diagnosis of HBV on VERSA 10 Workstation.
Download the checkerboard validation to see how the VERSA automated PCR workstation is being used for eliminating cross-contamination while demonstrating incomparable reproducibility in Real-time PCR based applications.
Automation of SensiFAST Real-time qPCR mix with MIC qPCR system on VERSA 10 Workstation.
A collaboration between Aurora, BMS, and Bioline advances real-time qPCR solutions with utmost sensitivity, cost-efficacy, and precision. Download to learn more about the successful deployment of a small-footprint, ultrafast, automatable solution for qPCR assays utilizing the VERSA 10 automated PCR Setup workstation.
Validation of Real-Time PCR Setup using cDNA from two Genes of Trout Fish
Download the Validation poster to see how VERSA 10 automated PCR workstations are used for Real-Time PCR Setup using cDNA from two Genes of Trout Fish.
Modules Tailored to Your Automated PCR / RT-PCR Protocols
Qiagen™ GeneDisc Adaptor Ring
Beckman Coulter™ Advalytix Amplislide Adaptor
draws reagents from their reservoirs and eliminates tip usage
enables more flexibility than slider systems
Reagent Block Cooler
preserves precious dNTPs, buffers and enzymes
8 Chanel Pipetting Head
with single channel function
- Highly accurate air-displacement technology increases reproducibility
- Accurate preparation of PCR/qPCR master-mix
- Flexibility to perform other associated task such as normalization and plate reformatting
- Low dead volume reduces costs associated with reagent waste
- Open System – compatible with diverse reagents, kits and labware
- HEPA/UV/LED Enclosure – keeps samples contamination-free
- Scalable Solution – processes 1 to 96 samples in parallel depending on throughput demands
- Unparalleled Customer Service – our engineering team is readily available to troubleshoot your protocols
VERSA PCR System Compatibility
Carousel PCR Setup
Qiagen™ Rotorgene Setup
Slide Based PCR Setup
“… smooth operation and satisfactory use of Aurora’s VERSA liquid handling station. The software allows for simple manipulation of the workstation to optimize maintaining the flexibility needed to accommodate third party reagent kits. Furthermore, Aurora Biomed’s staffs provide quick and effective responses when they receive troubleshooting requests.”
G.D. Chen, Senior Researcher, Genomics BioSci & Tech.
(Single Channel Function, Disposable Tip)
|4 or 8 channel||Single channel (Dual syringe pump)||8 or 96 channel or 4 channel with independent Z-axis|
|ReagentDrop||N/A||4 channels||8 channels|
|Temperature Regulation Block||1||1||4|
|Reagent Cooling Block||1||1||1|
|Gripper / Plate Transporter||Plate Transporter||Plate Transporter||Gripper|
|Liquid Level Sensing||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|HEPA / UV / LED Enclosure||Optional||Optional||Included|
|Width x Depth x Height (cm)||65 x 43 x 52||60 x 60 x 45||98.5 x 75.2 x 108.2|
*Could be upgraded to Shaker-Heater-Magnet Elevator
- Single/Multiplex PCR Setup
- Real-Time PCR Reaction Setup
- Sequencing Reaction Setup
- Ligase Reaction Setup
- End Filling/Nick Translation Setup
- Genomic Library Screening
- PCR Clean-up
- Colony PCR Screening
- Master-Mix Preparation
- Cherry Picking and Reagent Pooling
- Serial and Parallel Dilution
- Plate Reformatting
- Automation of Molecular Pathology Applications on the VERSA™ 10 PCR Setup Workstation
- Automated System for High Throughput PCR Setup
- Hot-Start PCR using VERSA™ 110 PCR Workstation
- Automation of On-Slide (Amplislide) PCR Setup using VERSA™ 110 PCR Setup Workstation
- Automation of Real time PCR
- Automation of One-Step Realtime PCR based DNA Quantitative Kit for Diagnosis of HBV on VERSA 10 Workstation
- Genomic DNA Isolation with VERSA 1100 NAP/PCR Setup Workstation using Aurora Biomed Inc’s Blood DNA Isolation Kit
- Automation of Reverse Transcription of Avian Flu RNA and Amplification of cDNA & Detection of H5N1
Frequently Asked Questions
The VERSA Automated PCR Setup system is equipped with a Reagent Block Cooler that can keep precious dNTPs and temperature sensitive buffers, enzymes and primers at 4°C on-deck.
VERSA utilizes disposable tips to eliminate cross-contamination. Additionally, the aspirating and dispensing speed is carefully adjusted to avoid splashing or carry-over contamination. VERSA liquid handlers can also be equipped with a HEPA filter and UV light to keep the environment contamination-free.
Yes, the VERSA workstation is suitable for a wide range of genomics applications such as plate replication, plate reformatting and serial dilutions.
Yes, VERSA uses Conductive Liquid Level Sensing to detect liquid level. We provide black conductive (liquid level sensing) pipette tips in non-sterile, sterile and sterile-filter formats.
Yes, the normalization tab in the operating software allows the user to program DNA normalization process step by step through a user friendly, drag and drop interface.