The VERSA automated Liquid Liquid Extraction (LLE) system, also known as an automated solvent extractor, offers the most flexibility and throughput among all other liquid handlers utilizing our innovative modules:
- Conductive Liquid Level Sensing – detects phase boundary and ensures precision, reproducibility and minimal dead volume
- ReagentDrop Bulk Dispensing Module – dispenses organic solutions and other solvents without using tips, prevents dripping of volatile solvents
- On-deck Tube/Plate Shaker – for mixing and online reconstitution
- Heater Assisted Nitrogen Dryer – enables a complete walk-away solution for liquid-liquid extractions
- Versatile Labware – adaptors available for virtually any shape and size (microcentrifuge tubes, test tubes, vials, etc.)
The VERSA Automated Solvent Extraction systems are highly scalable for different throughput and budget requirements. These instruments can automate a number of applications, including extractions of drugs-of-abuse and other metabolites of interest from bodily fluids, as well as biomolecules of interest from biological matrices (such as lipids and proteins). Please contact us for additional information and applications.
Dr. Adrian Franke from Cancer Research Center of Hawaii is using VERSA Automated Liquid Liquid Extraction workstation to study Phytoestrogenic Isoflavonoids in epidemiologic and clinical research.
Download the validation paper to see how the VERSA automated Liquid-Liquid Extraction system is making a difference in cancer research.
Modules Tailored to Automate Your Automated Liquid Liquid Extraction Workflow
Dual Module for Efficiency
single channel pipetting head and ReagentDrop in a single compact system
draws reagents from their reservoirs and eliminates tip usage – prevents dripping of volatile solvents
enables on-deck sample drying
Reagent Block Cooler
cools reagents to reduce volatilization
efficiently mix organic solvent and aqueous samples
moves Nitrogen Dryer for on-deck sample drying
house 24, 32, 35, 48 test-tubes/vials
(compatible with HPLC vials)
protects lab personnel from harmful and volatile organic solutions
- Capable of processing Automated Solid Phase Extraction on the same workstation
- Low dead volume maximizes sample recovery
- Conductive liquid level sensing to detect phase boundary
- Compatibility with organic and aqueous reagents
- Exhaust provision for volatile reagents
- HEPA/UV/LED Enclosure – keeps samples contamination-free
- Unparalleled Customer Service – our engineering team is readily available to troubleshoot your protocols
- Sports Medicine
- Vitamin D from Blood/Serum Samples
- Drugs of Abuse in Forensic Analysis
- Compounds for Drug Discovery
- Iso-Flavonoides from Urine Samples
- Aflatoxins from Seafood Products
- Lipid Extraction
- Growth Promoters in Blood
- Semi-Volatile or Non-Volatile Analytes
Frequently Asked Questions
VERSA Automated Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE) workstations offer the most flexibility and throughput among all liquid handlers by utilizing our innovative modules. They are very flexible and open systems and compatible with almost all the kits, reagents and labware in the market.
To minimize evaporation, ReagentDrop channels can dispense bulk reagents directly from sealed compartments (pressurized-bottle) located off the deck. These sealed compartments reduce reagent evaporation and exposure resulting from highly volatile reagents such as methanol. VERSA automated Liquid-Liquid Extraction workstation is armed with exhaust provision for volatile reagents and as the ReagentDrop dispenses organic solutions without using tips, therefore dispensing will be quite fast and safe.
Yes, the nitrogen dryer block can be used for solvent evaporation and sample concentration, it can be transferred by plate gripper on the top of vials/tubes. The combination of Shaker-Heater, Nitrogen Dryer and Gripper enables complete walk-away solution for any LLE protocols.
VERSA is equipped with a powerful shaker for vortex mixing of organic solvents and aqueous samples, and the timing and speed (RPM) of the shaking process can be varied to optimize for your application.
Yes, VERSA Automated Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE) workstation features Conductive Liquid Level Sensing for detecting phase boundary that ensures precision and reproducibility. Alternatively, you have the option to define aspirate heights (Z position) to remove one liquid/phase from one another.