Solid Phase extraction (SPE) method is commonly used sample preparation for GC or LC analysis in the field of forensic, toxicology, doping control and drugs. Due to their biological complexities, toxicology and forensic samples are difficult for processing. Performing SPE manually can be time consuming and prone to human error, especially when it comes to recovery and reproducibility.
Aurora has developed VERSA 1100 automated Solid Phase Extraction for Drugs of Abuse to fully program SPE workflows from cartridge conditioning to sample derivatization on a single deck with innovative modules. VERSA 1100 SPE platform is designed for high reliability, reproducibility and repeatability.
The VERSA 1100 automated Solid Phase Extraction systems for Drugs of Abuse are used in forensic labs to quantify amphetamine and methamphetamine in the urine samples of the drug users. Ministry of Public Health, Thailand can process more than 100,000 urine samples each year utilizing the automated sample preparation method. The net result is that the VERSA 1100 SPE is able to successfully to quantify amphetamine and methamphetamine in urine samples of drug users
VERSA 1100 Key Features
- 15 deck positions
- Processing up to 72 samples
- Compatibility with organic and aqueous reagents
- SPE formats: 1, 3 and 6 mL cartridges or 96 SPE cartidge plates
- Negative or positive pressure for efficient flow through the cartridges
- N₂ drying and derivatization
- Capability to perform Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Open system – Compatibility with diverse kit chemistry and lab ware
- Exhaust provision for volatile reagents
To learn more about the Automated Solid Phase Extraction for Drugs of Abuse, download the application note below or contact us directly to chat about how we can automate your Solid Phase and Liquid- Liquid Extraction workflows.